Apply for an all-expenses-paid Experiential Scholarship.
Aggies for Fresh and the Texas International Produce Association are proud to offer up to 10 Aggies a unique career experience at a premier fresh produce industry event.
Viva Fresh Produce Expo | San Antonio, Texas | April 26 – 27, 2019
Apply today to participate in a two-day event where you will:
- Learn about internships and job positions available in the fresh produce industry
- Network at receptions with potential employers
- Meet and walk the show floor with industry leaders, business owners and other Aggie alumni
- Attend educational sessions and a premier trade show
- Be recognized at Opening session as scholarship recipients and representatives of talent from Texas A&M University
- Currently a student at Texas A&M University
- Junior or Senior level classification
- 1,000 word blog post following the event describing your experience and/or ideas for the fresh produce industry (Due May 2, 2019)
Applications are due Thursday, February 28, 2019 by 5:00pm.
If you are selected to interview as a finalist, you will be notified via email by March 14, 2019
Career Fair and Informational Happy Hour on Thursday, January 31st
Aggies for Fresh will be present at the Career Fair and will be hosting a happy hour to answer any questions you may have!
FRIDAY, APRIL 26
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am Aggies arrive to San Antonio
- 10:00 am – 10:45 am Orientation – Meet with the Aggies for Fresh team
- 11:15 am – 12:50 pm Keynote Luncheon (AFF Introduction)
- 1:15 pm – 2:00 pm Virtual Field Tour
- 2:15 pm – 3:00 pm Educational Session
- 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm AFF Meet w/ Industry leaders
- 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Welcome Reception
SATURDAY, APRIL 27
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am AFF team huddle
- 11:15 am – 11:30 am Texas Grand Opening Ceremony
- 11:30 am – 4:00 pm Expo Hall Open. Lunch is served during Expo
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm Exit Session with AFF Scholarship recipients
All expenses will be paid to include hotel, registrations, gas reimbursement and meals.**
**Scholarship recipients will need secure transportation to San Antonio (arriving by 9:00 am Friday, April 6 and departing Saturday, April 7 at 4:30 pm)